About Blue Safety Feet
Accident Reduction Initiative 2
Applying Blue Safety Feet is a new innovation which is helping in the reduction of accidents on escalators. It is a proven initiative which in some cases can reduce accidents and incidents by up to 66%!
This safety project was initially carried out by Lend Lease and the Westfield Group in Australia. ESD carried out the first Blue Feet Safety Painting in the UK at Touchwood Shopping Centre in Solihull on behalf of OTIS. This has proved so successful that we now offer this service across the UK & Ireland.
The process is similar to the yellow safety demarcation application, and is also ready to use within 3 hours of application.
The Blue feet initiative aims to fulfil the need through:
- Reflecting an existing culture, such as foot prints used in schools to show the way.
- Guiding passengers away from escalator edges by aligning their feet with the footprints.
- Yellow demarcation lines show step movement
- Proven accident reduction
- Can be applied on any make of escalator regardless of age.
- Along with the deep cleaning, this process will enhance the look of your escalators.
- We also offer discounted rates for additional escalator maintenance cleans to keep up the new high standard of appearance.
- Again, all work is done out of hours, with No escalator downtime.